One new death takes total fatalities to 445
Cairo: Kuwait has recorded 626 further cases of the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, bringing the country’s total infections to 66,529, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported Friday.
The latest cases comprise 413 Kuwaitis and 213 foreign residents, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said.
All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection and identifying those who were in contact, he added.
One new death from COVID-19 was announced, taking Kuwait’s total such fatalities to 445.
There are 134 patients receiving intensive care treatment, the official added in a media update.
Kuwait’s total virus tests have reached 502,168 so far after 3,811 tests have been done over the past 24 hours, Dr Al Sanad said.
The Health Ministry also reported that 863 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, raising to 57,330 the overall number of recoveries from the disease in Kuwait.
Kuwait has recently eased virus-induced restrictions under a phased plan to return to normal life.
On Tuesday, the country began cutting a nighttime curfew to six hours a day while hotels and resorts were reopened. Fifty per cent of government and private sector employees are back to work.
Reference taken from here.